AKC School Reopening – September 2020
Following a certain period of time that AKC School has been closed due to Covid-19 pandemic since 23rd of March 2020. Having seen the 4 respective instructions / announcements issued by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport (MoEYS) of the Royal Government of Cambodia as following:
Along with the approval of the Office of Education of Angkor Thom District where AKC is situated. Angkor Kids Center school will gently open our school in Stage1 from this Monday, September 7, 2020 onward.
The reopening of our school will strictly follow the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) instructed by the MoEYS. Hereunder are the Check Lists of the core principles:
– Set 20 to 25 students in the classroom (student desk and teacher desk)
– Set the shifts to ensure safety gaps in the campus
– Classroom temperature must not be lower than 24 °C and have adequate ventilation and light.
– No more than 50 people for any gathering activities
– Perform temperature check of students, teachers and staff (not allowed to enter the campus in case of more than 37.5 degrees Celsius)
– Wear facemask or face-shield to students, teachers and staff (on campus)
– Set up health room and first aid equipment
– Prepare a place to wash hands with adequate sanitizers
– Arrange the bathroom and toilet according to the number of students
– Prepare the yard and entrance without congestion
– Selling of food, snacks, pastries or restaurants on campus is not allowed
– There is no student transportation service.
– Do not play Sport that lead to clashes
– No entertainment activities or concerts
– Scholars, staff or family members who are foreigners who have entered Cambodia in the last 2 months are required to take the Covid-19 test before being allowed to enroll and work in an educational institution.
On September 1, 2020, AKC staff and volunteers already took the action to organize our school to meet the requirements imposed. New class and student schedule has been also developed to reflex the SOP. Here attached is how the Class Schedule 2020-2021:
According to this Covid-19 adapted schedule, each class only consume 3 hours or 3 sessions at the school. This lead to have more classes and more responsibility to teach for each teacher.
Taking this opportunity, with the strong support from our parenting foundation, Helpucation e.V. in Germany, AKC has now reached to the most matured level in the history. Three of the founders is now taking the roles to run the organization. This includes Mr. Hak HIEN, take the role Executive Director and teaching; Mr. Meam BY, taking the role of teaching and academic development; Mr. Samnang CHHON, taking the role teaching and overall organization development and Mr. Chhay LEAP, taking the role of teaching, farming, and school coordinating, and more backing team. Once again, thanks to heartfelt support of the Helpucation team for personal contribution and fundraising even in this difficult situation.
From all your support and care make AFK and AKC warm and confident. We believe this Stage1 reopening of our Non-formal, Non-Profit educational institution will be a success.
Fore more information, please contact:
Phone: +855(0) 86 524 777