For purposes of GDPR, NGOsource is a Controller (as defined below). As discussed herein, you can contact us at any time to: request access to information that we have about you; correct any information we have about you; and/or delete information that we have about you. If you have additional questions about our data collection or storage, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
“Account” means an AFK NGO account that you might signing up.
“Anonymous Information” means information not associated with or linked to your Personal Information; Anonymous Information does not permit the identification of individuals.
“Controller” means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data; where the purposes and means of such processing are determined by European Union or Member State law, the controller or the specific criteria for its nomination may be provided for by European Union or Member State law
“ED Request” means a request for an equivalency determination.
“Personal Information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
“Process” or “Processing” means any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Information or on sets of Personal Information, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
“Services” means the services we offer through the Websites.
AFK NGO takes commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial precautions to prevent the loss and misuse of Personal Information under our control. Web-based data transmissions may in principle have security gaps, so absolute protection may not be guaranteed. For this reason, you are free to transfer Personal Information to us via alternative means, e.g. by telephone.
Personal Information we collect from our grantmaker members
There are two general categories of information we collect. In both instances, we only collect and use your information to provide the Services (e.g., for fulfilling an ED request, for getting our newsletter, for informing you about educational programs, updates in the field, and updates to the Services).
- Information you give that is necessary for the Services (required; provided as necessity)
We require and collect the following Personal Information that you voluntarily submit to us when you use the Websites and Services. This information is necessary for the performance of a contract in which the data subject is a party and to allow us to comply with our legal obligations under the contract and more generally. The following information is required because without it, we may not be able to provide you with all the requested services:
- Account Information. When you sign up for an Account, we require certain information such as your first name, last name, email address, the password you choose, as well as a security question and answer.
- Payment Information. We may require you to provide us with certain financial information (like your bank account or credit card information) in order to facilitate the processing of payments.
- Communications with AFK NGO regarding the Services. When you communicate with AFK NGO to provide additional contacts, or other information needed to fulfill an ED request or payment processing, for example, we collect information about your communication (such as your email address) and any information you choose to provide in order to provide the Services.
If you wish to use the Websites and Services, we require the aforementioned information; if you do not want to provide this information, you should not use the Websites or Services.
2. Information you to choose to give (optional; provided with consent)
- When you enter any information, including Personal Information, into any posting or comments within the Services, we will collect such information;
- When you respond to one of our surveys, we will collect any information contained in such survey responses; and
- When you leave us feedback or request support, we will collect any information that is contained in your feedback or support request (including your email address).
Information we collect via technology
When you access any part of our Websites, our web server software automatically logs information provided by your network connection and web browser software, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your network connection and the type of web browser and operating system that you are using. Our web server may also log the URL of the file that you are requesting, the current date and time, and the URL of the last web page requested by your web browser.
We may utilize cookies on our Websites to store your login information (if any) and your personal preferences for the Services. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them).
You have the option of disabling or not accepting cookies by changing the preferences in your web browser and thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. If you deactivate the setting of cookies in your browser, it is possible that not all functions of our website(s) may be entirely used. For example, if you opt to disable cookies, you will still be able to access our Websites, but you may not be able to use certain features of the websites, including placing ED Requests.
Use of information we collect
In general, we use Personal Information you submit to us to provide the Services to you, respond to requests you make, improve the Services, and offer you additional information, opportunities, and functionality. We may also use your Personal Information to provide you with updates about the Services. Finally, we may rely on Personal Information in order to comply with our legal obligations. Personal Information is not used for any additional purposes, such as to profile those who access our Websites. None of the Personal Information we collect will be shared with third parties without your express authorization.
1. Providing and improving the Services
- Enable you to access and use the Websites and the Services.
- Operate, protect, improve, and optimize the Services and experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research.
- Provide customer service.
- Send you service or support messages, updates, security alerts, and account notifications.
- Send you promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences (including information about NGOsource or related programs).
We process this information given our legitimate interest in improving the Services and our users’ and members’ experience, and where it is necessary for the performance of the contract with you and/or a legal obligation. You can opt-out of receiving communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in our marketing communications or changing your notification settings within your Account (see also “Your rights” below).
- Complying with our legal obligations
- Detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity.
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments.
- Verify or authenticate information provided by you (such as to verify your authorization to act as an agent on behalf of a nonprofit organization).
- Conduct checks against databases and other information sources, to the extent permitted by applicable laws.
- Resolve any disputes with any of our users or customers and enforce our agreements with third parties.
We process this information given our legitimate interest and legal obligation to protect the Websites, to measure the adequate performance of our contract with you, and to comply with applicable laws. AFK NGO may process your information if it is necessary for legitimate interests, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data.
Your choices regarding your Personal Information
AFK NGO regularly sends newsletters and promotional communications to (a) let you know about new features or changes to our Services, (b) offer you opportunities to participate in special promotions, events, and surveys, and (c) notify you about services offered by outside partner organizations. These emails will originate from AFK NGO or its partners. You may choose to opt-out from receiving such communications by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the communication or by editing your communication preferences in your Account.
Note that in some cases, you may request that we delete your Personal Information, but we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete information that we have collected from or about you, it will be deleted from our active databases but may remain in our archives.
Disclosing information to third parties
Since AFK NGO is part of a global network, it conducts activities globally. In doing so, AFK NGO uses a variety of third parties to help us provide the Service. Service providers may be located inside or outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). The EEA unites the EU Member States and the three EEA EFTA States (Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway) into a market governed by the same basic rules (such as GDPR).
If AFK NGO needs to share your information, including Personal Information, with a service provider, in order to ensure the adequate performance of our contract with you, we are permitted to do so.
2. Compliance with law, responding to legal requests, preventing harm and protection of our rights
3. Aggregated data
We may also share aggregated information (information about our users that we combine together so that it no longer identifies or references an individual user) and other anonymized information for regulatory compliance, industry and market analysis, insights about the sector, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes. We may share this aggregated data with the public.
Links to outside websites
The Websites are not designed for minors under the age of 13. We do not intentionally gather Personal Information about visitors who are under the age of 13.
You may exercise any of the rights described in this section by sending an email to email@example.com. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request.
1. Managing your information.
You may access and update some of your information through your Account settings. You are responsible for keeping your personal information up-to-date.
2. Rectification of inaccurate or incomplete information.
You have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information concerning you (and which you cannot update yourself within your Account).
3. Data access and portability.
In some jurisdictions, applicable law may entitle you to request copies of your Personal Information held by us. You may also be entitled to request copies of Personal Information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and/or request us to transmit this information to another service provider (where technically feasible).
4. Data retention and erasure
We generally retain your Personal Information for as long as is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us and to comply with our legal obligations. If you no longer want us to use your Personal Information to provide the Services to you, you can request that we erase your personal information and close your Account. Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information:
- We may retain some of your Personal Information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety. For example, if we suspend an Account for fraud or safety reasons, we may retain certain information from that Account to prevent that user or customer from opening a new Account in the future.
- We may retain and use your Personal Information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, AFK NGO may keep some of your information for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations.
- Information you have shared with us may continue to be publicly visible on the Websites, even after your Account is cancelled. However, attribution of such information to you will be removed. Additionally, some copies of your information (e.g., log records) may remain in our database, but are disassociated from personal identifiers.
- Because we maintain the Websites to protect from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your Personal Information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time.
5. Withdrawing consent and restriction of processing
Where you have expressly provided your consent to the processing of your Personal Information by NGOsource you may withdraw your consent at any time by changing your Account settings or by sending a communication to NGOsource specifying which consent you are withdrawing. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its withdrawal. Additionally, in some jurisdictions, applicable law may give you the right to limit the ways in which we use your Personal Information, in particular where (a) you contest the accuracy of your Personal Information; (b) the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your Personal Information; (c) we no longer need your Personal Information for the purposes of the processing, but you require the information for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or (d) you have objected to the processing (see below) and pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of AFK NGO override your own.
6. Objection to processing
In some jurisdictions, applicable law may permit you to legally object to AFK NGO’s processing. In these instances, you may require AFK NGO not to process your Personal Information for specific purposes (including profiling) where such processing is based on a legitimate interest. If you object to such processing, AFK NGO will no longer process your Personal Information for these purposes unless we can demonstrate a legal basis for doing so or such processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
At any time, regardless of applicable law, you may object to us processing your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. You may, at any time, ask AFK NGO to cease processing your data for these direct marketing purposes by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Lodging Complaints.
EU Model Clauses
If your information is shared with corporate affiliates or third party companies or service providers outside the EEA, we have, prior to sharing your information with such corporate affiliate or third party company or service provider, established the necessary means to ensure an adequate level of data protection. This agreement may incorporate the basis of the EU Model Clauses (a set of clauses issued by the European Commission).
ALL FOR KIDS ORGANIZATION / ANGKOR KIDS CENTER
Samrong Village, Leangdai Commune, Angkor Thom District, Siem Reap, Cambodia.
Phone: +855 (0)86 524 777